Alh. Abdullahi Hamza started his education in 1970 when he enrolled into the Local Education Authority (L.E.A.) Primary School, Kofar Fada in Zaria city. He proceeded to the Government College, Kaduna, for his secondary education, which he completed in June, 1981. He undertook a 2-year pre-degree course in the arts & social science subjects of History, Government and English Literature in Kaduna State College of Advanced Studies, Zaria (now Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic). He obtained a B.A. (Hons) degree in Public Administration (1986) and Masters of Public Administration (MPA),specialising in University Management (2000), from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He served the mandatory one year national service under the NYSC scheme in the old Ondo State (now Ondo & Ekiti States) from 1986 to1987.
Alh. Abdullahi Hamza’s working career started in August, 1987, when he joined the Kaduna State Civil Service as an Assistant Secretary Grade II on GL 08 and was posted to the Governor’s Office, Department of Establishments& Training. He left the Kaduna State Civil Service in 1990 and joined the services of the National Universities Commission (NUC) on 5th July, 1990, as a Personnel Officer II on CONTISS 07. Professionally, he is a fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administration (FCAI); Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (chartered) MINM; and Member of the African Network on Internationalisation of Education (MANIE). From 1990 to date, Alh. Abdullahi Hamza has attended over sixteen (16) Executive & Professional Development Courses, within and outside Nigeria. His appointment as Director, Lagos Office is with effect from the 18th of January, 2016.
To be a pro-active and result-oriented service window in delivering the Commission’s regulatory services to the southern end of the Nigerian University System
To ensure easy and convenient access to the Commission’s regulatory services by the southern end of the Nigerian University System, towards guaranteeing quality university education for all Nigerians
Mandate & Functions
- Liaise with the Federal Ministry of Education Offices, Institutions such as Commercial Banks and Parastatals in Lagos and the Southwest Zone of Nigeria.
- Representing the Executive Secretary in Lagos, particularly on matters relating to the Commission, the University System and other assignments as may be given by the Executive Secretary and other Directors from time to time.
- Promoting interaction with Governments and Non-Governmental Agencies in Lagos and the Southwest Zone of Nigeria.
- Maintenance of NUC Properties in Lagos.
- Management of the Guest House for the Commission.
- Undertaking Protocol activities for the Commissionâ€™s Staff and Official Guests.
Personnel and Administration Division